In February, we created a survey with a few questions about your interests. Here is a brief overview of the results (17 responses).
- 53% of the responders are professionals, 35% are students.
- 41% of the responders are not interested in participating in a hackathon; 29% would do a full 24h hours, 23.5 % would do it on two Saturdays.
- 94% of the responders would attend virtual networking events.
- Regarding a half-day workshop, the most interesting subjects according to the responders are, in order:
- Newer genomic technologies (scRNA, ATAC-Seq, CrisprKO, etc…) analysis
- RNA-seq (and gene expression), DNA-Seq analysis
- Microbiome analysis
- Databases, text mining and ontologies
We had a few suggestions as well for the workshop: “Machine learning applied to genomics” and “Genetic regulatory network inference”.
Thank you to those of you who answered!