A bioinformatics analyst position is available at the Département de biologie of the Université de Sherbrooke (Sherbrooke, Québec). The selected candidate will integrate a young, dynamic and multidisciplinary team of researchers in functional genomics/systems biology/synthetic biology, and will be in charge of analyzing data for genome assembly/annotation, transcriptomics (RNA-seq and derivatives), chromatin-immunoprecipitation (ChIP-seq), proteomics, etc. The work will primarily consist in the development of pipelines using of existing computational tools. The candidate will interact directly with principal investigators/postdocs/students, and will play a critical role in the success of innovative research projects. A state-of-the-art computing infrastructure as well as a variety of bioinformatics softwares will be at the disposal of the candidate.
• Masters in bioinformatics or other relevant field, or B.Sc and >3 years of relevant work experience.
• Excellent programming (C, C++, or Java) and scripting (Perl or Python) skills under a UNIX/linux environment
• Solid analytical and statistical skills.
• Ability to multitask and keep track of several projects in parallel.
• Strong abilities for team work, both with other bioinformaticians and with biologists
• Experience handling high-throughput DNA/RNA sequencing data
• Fluent in French and English
Application deadline: September 26th 2011
Funding is guaranteed for two years. This opportunity could lead to a permanent position at the Université de Sherbrooke. To apply formally, submit the following documents in PDF format:
1. A brief statement of research interests, qualifications and experience and why you feel you are a good candidate for this position.
2. Curriculum vitae.
3. The names and contact details of at least two references willing to provide a confidential letter of recommendation upon request.
Please send applications and inquiries to Sébastien Rodrigue (sebastien.rodrigue[at]usherbrooke.ca) or Nicolas Gévry (nicolas.gévry[at]usherbrooke.ca).